- It is three years since the UK left the EU and time to start looking at the evidence.
- Teachers, university workers, civil servants, train and bus drivers are all striking on 1 February.
- Andrew Innes denies murdering Bennylyn Burke and her daughter Jellica, claiming diminished responsibility.
- Police forces promise "cultural change" as they respond to a critical report into the 1989 disaster.
- Finance chiefs warn services such as libraries, leisure and bin collections could face the brunt of cuts.
- The man, aged about 70, was seen in the River Wyre area around the time Nicola Bulley disappeared.
- A London teacher documents her working day to show her dedication to the job.
- "Significant disruption" could be created by mass strike action, the government says.
- The 32-year-old is taken into custody on suspicion of the murder of Natalie McNally last December.
- Julian Bennett, who wrote the force's current drug strategy, is also said to have taken LSD and cannabis.
- Haider Siddique was arrested after a bus driver spotted him acting inappropriately.
- The British Museum has announced thousands of treasure discoveries by metal detectorists.
- Eilidh McFadden and Tom Johnson slapped vegan cakes topped with shaving foam into the model's face.
- Alice Litman had waited nearly three years to discuss transitioning when she took her own life.
- The poster was put up days after a north London road was renamed following concerns about racial connotations.
- Linda Dobbie says she took the cash at various locations in Glasgow to pay her son's drug debt.
- Some say I'm Not Here to Make Friends is oversexualised but fans have called out double standards.
- Nurses, ambulance staff, physios and midwives to hold walkouts next week.
- Around 160 million people from across the globe will watch the world's biggest song contest live from Liverpool on 13 May.
- Tougher rules for some workers planning strike action have been announced by the government.
The United Kingdom is a country located in Western Europe, consisting of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It has a population of over 66 million people and is known for its rich history, diverse culture, and contributions to the arts, science, and technology.
The United Kingdom has a long and complex history, with evidence of human habitation dating back to the Paleolithic period. The country has been shaped by a series of invasions and migrations, including the Roman conquest of Britain in the 1st century AD and the Norman conquest in the 11th century. The country has a parliamentary democracy and is a member of the European Union (EU).
The United Kingdom is home to a diverse range of people and cultures, with a rich tradition of immigration. The country has a strong and influential economy, with a GDP of over $2.7 trillion. It is a leader in the financial and service sectors and is home to many global corporations.
The United Kingdom is known for its contributions to the arts and culture, with a thriving music, film, and literary industry. The country is home to some of the world’s most famous cultural institutions, such as the British Museum, the Royal Opera House, and the National Gallery. The United Kingdom is also a leader in scientific research and innovation, with many world-renowned universities and research institutions.
The United Kingdom is a member of the United Nations (UN) and is a major player in global affairs. The country has a strong military and is a nuclear power, with a permanent seat on the UN Security Council. The United Kingdom is also a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, a group of 54 countries that are mostly former British colonies.
Despite its economic and political success, the United Kingdom faces a number of challenges, including Brexit, immigration, and racial tensions. The country has a long history of colonialism and imperialism, and many people, particularly those from minority groups, continue to face discrimination and inequality. The country is also grappling with issues related to climate change and environmental degradation.
Despite these challenges, the United Kingdom remains a vibrant and diverse country with a rich history and culture. It is a place of opportunity and innovation, with a strong and influential economy and a thriving arts and cultural scene. The country is home to a wide range of people and cultures, and its people are known for their resilience and determination. The United Kingdom is a unique and fascinating place to live and visit, and it continues to play a significant role in global affairs.
Top 10 UK News Channels
- BBC News – BBC News is a British free-to-air television news channel. It was launched in 1997 and is the largest broadcaster in the world by number of employees. It is funded by the television licence fee. The channel’s website is www.bbc.co.uk/news.
- Sky News – Sky News is a British news channel that broadcasts in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and internationally. It was launched in 1989 and is owned by Sky Group, a division of Comcast. The channel’s website is news.sky.com.
- ITV News – ITV News is a British news channel that broadcasts on the ITV network. It was launched in 1955 and is the oldest and largest commercial television network in the UK. The channel’s website is www.itv.com/news.
- Channel 4 News – Channel 4 News is a British news programme that airs on Channel 4. It was launched in 1982 and is known for its investigative journalism and political coverage. The channel’s website is www.channel4.com/news.
- Al Jazeera English – Al Jazeera English is a British news channel that is part of the Al Jazeera Media Network. It was launched in 2006 and is headquartered in Doha, Qatar. The channel’s website is www.aljazeera.com/watch/live/tv.
- CNN International – CNN International is an international news channel that is part of the CNN network. It was launched in 1985 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. The channel’s website is www.cnn.com.
- RT UK – RT UK is a British news channel that is part of the RT network. It was launched in 2014 and is headquartered in London. The channel’s website is www.rt.com/uk.
- Euronews – Euronews is a European news channel that broadcasts in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese. It was launched in 1993 and is headquartered in Lyon, France. The channel’s website is www.euronews.com.
- News18 – News18 is a British news channel that is part of the Network18 group. It was launched in 2006 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India. The channel’s website is www.news18.com.
- France 24 – France 24 is a French news channel that broadcasts in French, English, and Arabic. It was launched in 2006 and is headquartered in Paris. The channel’s website is www.france24.com.